Commercial litigation requires legal acumen
as well as a firm footing in business realities. We approach our clients' disputes with the client's goals at the forefront, applying our knowledge, experience and technological advantage to further
those goals. With a team approach in collaboration with our clients, we are better able to meet the client's needs. Our results include . . .
- Representing a manufacturer in a breach of warranty case where, as a result of discovery, we were able to amend the complaint to
include a claim for fraud. Through settlement our client received $4,500,000, which far exceeded their out-of-pocket damages.
- Obtaining a trial verdict in excess of $500,000 against the guarantor of our client's employer after the employer's
- Representing a former president of a health care clinic in a dispute over the financial demise of the clinic, where the company's
insurance carrier refused coverage. We were able to obtain coverage for the defense costs and the settlement, with the settlement amount being significantly less than the cost of
- In representing a medical billing company in a suit filed by a former client over billings, we successfully had the lawsuit
dismissed with prejudice at the pleading stage.
- Defending a company and its owner against claims of theft of trade secrets and violation of the Lanham Act. After limited discovery,
the Plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the case with prejudice and with no payment from the company or its owner.
- Representing a manufacturer in defending a suit by a former key employee who alleged breach of a lifetime employment contract. We
resolved the matter quickly and for less than $5,000 by obtaining a dismissal of the Complaint
- Assisting in the representation of a partner over the termination of a professional car racing team that was formed by the
partnership. After more than two weeks of arbitration hearings, the arbitration panel awarded client more than $2,000,000 in damages.
- Representing a company in defending against a claim for underpayments to the employee pension plan.
- Defending 100% shareholders against claims by former employees that resulted from the sale of the company.
- Through negotiation, we were able to obtain a 100% recovery against a time share company for improper sales tactics and breach of
- Defending a contractor and settling for nuisance value against claims for constructing a building on wrong piece of
We have also advised clients with regard to
distributorship agreements, warranty documents, partnership agreements, covenants-not-to-compete, and dispute resolution.
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment,
please call us at 312-606-8642.